Thursday, August 1, 2013

Finding inspiration is a process, not a task

        The last two weeks, I've been trying to build some inventory for the fall shopping season and even managed to fit in my first 5K mud run, so it's been a whirlwind. Today will be one of those days where I simply do some "market research" (i.e., scour Pinterest and Google and Artfire, etc.) to see what inspiration I can find. 

There are some amazing artists out there, but I am determined to separate myself from the pack in some way. After a year on Etsy, I'm trying to identify my own signature style and am crossing my fingers that I'm on that track. So far, it's leaning toward lots of wire-wrapped beads and beach glass. I'm hoping for an epiphany, wherein my stuff is miraculously transformed into something immediately identifiable. You know, sort of like Coco Chanel, but with beach glass?  

So far, no epiphany . . .  But no worries. After all, this is a process, not merely a task, and I am enjoying it thoroughly. Be sure to stop by again later. I feel that my Coco Chanel moment is on the horizon.  Fingers crossed and my metaphorical GPS is set . . . See you soon!    ~~Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment